ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS
- Allergic contact dermatitis is a form of dermatitis /eczema caused by an allergic reaction to a material called allergens in contact with the skin. The allergen is harmless to people that are not allergic to it. Allergic contact dermatitis is also called contact allergy.
- It is more common in women than men
- It is also common in metal workers, hairdressers, beauticians, health care workers, cleaners, painters and florists
- Common allergens include- solvents, rubbing alcohol , bleach and detergents, airborne substances like sawdust or wool dust, plants, fertilizers and pesticides
Allergic contact dermatitis is a type 4 or delayed hypersensitivity reaction and occurs 48-72 hrs after exposure to the allergen. The mechanism involves CD4 +T-lymphocytes, which recognize an antigen on the skin surface, releasing cytokines that activates the immune system and cause the dermatitis.
- Contact allergy occurs predominantly from an allergen on the skin rather than from internal sources or food
- Contact with tiny quantities of an allergen can induce dermatitis
- Patients with impaired barrier function of the skin are more prone to allergic contact dermatitis
- Patients with atopic dermatitis associated with defective filaggrin (a structure protein in the stratum corneum) have high risk to develop contact dermatitis.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- Presence of rashes or skin lesion at the site of exposure
- Depending on the type of allergen causing it , rash can ooze, drain or crust and it can become raw , scaled or thickened
- The eruptions can be associated with papules, blisters, vesicles or even a simple red area.
- The other symptoms include- itching, skin redness or inflammation , local swelling and the area may become more tender or warmer
- If left untreated the skin may darken and become leathery and cracked, pain can also be present.
It can lead to an infection if you repeatedly scratch the affected area , causing it to become wet and oozing. This creates a good place for bacteria or fungi to grow and may cause an infection.
- Avoid irritants and allergens
- Wash your skin
- Wear protection clothing or gloves
Homoeopathic medicine are the best for allergic dermatitis, as it is the disease affecting persons with low immune system, as this system will help in improving the immunity of the patient without any side effect, initially medicines are given for the patient to reduce the symptoms like itching, oozing and further medicines will be give which will be prevent the recurrence of the disease. Patients will get completely cured from this disease. Blood test will be advised for the patient and if IGE is high, frequent monitoring is done. These medicines are very safe and easy to take.
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the lining of your bronchial tubes, which carry air to and from your lungs. Bronchitis can be cough with thick mucus after exposing to some allergens. Bronchitis may be either acute or chronic.
- Shortness of breath
- Slight fever and chills
- Chest discomfort
- Mild headache and body ache
WHEN TO SEE A DOCTOR?
- Cough lasts more than three weeks
- Prevents you from sleeping
- It is accompanied by fever higher
- Produces blood
- It is associated with wheezing or shortness of breath
The common cause of allergic bronchitis is mainly due to air pollution, dust, toxic gases in environment or workplace also can contribute to the condition.
Exposure to irritants on the job – risk of developing bronchitis is greater if you work around certain lung irritants, such as grains or textiles, or are exposed to chemical fumes.
Patients with allergic bronchitis it is very difficult for them as some allergen will cause respiratory problems, it is easy to find out the allergen with blood test but how long will you avoid them? Why should you suffer with them? These diseases are not seen in all individuals, but seen in people with poor immune system. Homoeopathic medicines will help in improving the immune system without side effect and you will be completely out of this disease. There is medicine which has good effect in acute emergency conditions of allergic bronchitis. Homoeopathic medicines will help in getting complete cure from allergic bronchitis which is safe and easy to administrate.
Inflammation of inside of nose is called rhinitis.
10-30 % of the worldwide population may have allergic rhinitis.
- Running nose
- Stuffy nose
- Sore throat, scratchy throat
- Itchy eyes
- Watery eyes
- Dark circles around eyes
- Frequent headaches, excessive fatigue – after exposure to long term allergens
ROLE OF IGE IN ALLERGY
AG+IGE ANTIBODIES – RELEASES HISTAMINES – DEFENDS BODY FROM ALLERGENS- PRODUCES ALLERGIC REACTION
They are antibodies produced by the immune system’s reaction to allergens. IgE is normally found in blood, but higher levels indicate persons in allergic. Higher the IGE greater the number of things a person is allergic to
TYPES OF ALLERGIC RHINITIS
SEASONAL ALLERGIC RHINITIS
- Occurs during spring
- Due to outdoor allergens like pollen
PERENNIAL ALLERGIC RHINITIS
- Occurs years around
- Indoor allergens like dust, pet dander
- Cigarette smoke
- Cold temperature
- Air pollution
- Hair spray
- Disturbed sleep
- Frequent ear
Patients with allergic rhinitis will have a chance of raised IGE levels in the blood. So, initially, blood test are advised to do for the patient, based on that the treatment plan is done, the patients are provided with two sets of medicines one set will be focusing on the acute symptoms which are presented by the patient’s, the second set consist of the immunity booster which acts as the preventive for the disease and will help in raising of the immunity. Patients can get rid of this disease completely with this system of medicines without any side effects.
Your Homeopath Kerala
Restore Your Health Naturally With Homeopathy.