It is a chronic recurrent disorder of the skin. Psoriasis is characterised by redscaly plaques.
THE CHARACTERISTIC EVENTS ARE
- EPIDERMAL PROLIFERATION-There is increase in number of proliferating keratinocytes in the basal layer of epidermis and there is loss of differentiation. This causes thick silvery scales. The growth rate of psoriatic epidermis is that of 10 times of normal epidermis.
- EXPANSION OF DERMAL VASCULATURE- The blood vessels in the upper epidermis become dilated and increase in number. This leads to redness of lesion.
Psoriasis is an Auto Immune Disease, which means that the body works against its own self.
- Physical trauma to the skin can precipitate psoriasis in the damaged skin.
- INFECTION- streptococcal infection precipitateguttate psoriasis.
- Exposure to sunlight aggravate psoriasis in about 10% of people only and in others sunlight has a beneficial effect.
- STRESS- psychological stress can stimulate psoriasis.
ROLE OF HOMOEOPATHY IN PSORIASIS
- Homoeopathy is a strong system which can cure psoriasis.
- There are no side effects from our medicines.
- Even cases where joints are involved show great deal of improvement.
- As it is an auto immune disease, homoeopathy is best for treating it. Homoeopathic medicines have the power to increase the immunity of the patient and also make the body recognise that it should stop attacking one’s own self.
WHAT IS VITILIGO
It is a long term skin disease in which there is disorder in the pigmentation.In a vitiligo patch melanocytes are absent , hence no melanin production. It is a disorder in which white patches of skin appear on the body.If this depigmentation occur after some inflammation.Vitiligo presents with multiple depigmented areas and patches on any area of the skin including the oral and genital mucosa.They may be localised segmental or generalised .Sometimes the hair on a vitiligo patch may also be depigmented.The patches of skin affected is usually white and have sharp margins.
CAUSES OF VITILIGO
- Exact cause is unknown
- It is an auto immune disorder- bodies immune system works against self.
- It can occur in associated with auto immune diseases lie rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, hashimotors thyroiditis, type 1 diabetis mellitus, psoriasis, addisons disease, alopecia areata, systemic lupus erythematous, coeliac disease.
- Emotional distress
- Damage to skin due to sun burn.
- Genetic predisposition
- Vit B 12 and vit D deficiency
SYMPTOMS OF VITILIGO
The Main sign of vitiligo is appearance of flat white spots or patches on the skin.
Usually the discolouration is seen on the sun exposed areas like arms ,feet, face , lips.
Loss of pigmentation mostly noticeable on the orifices of body like mouth, nose , eyes, genitals , etc
Vitiligo commonly affects the folds like arm pit, parts that are previously injured, exposed to sun etc.
Initially the vitiligo starts as a simple spot , a little paler than rest of the skin. But gradually as time passes the pot will become much paler until it becomes white.
The shape of these patches are completely irregular , occasionally the edges are reddish, with itching .
DOES VITILIGO SPREAD FROM ONE PERSON TO OTHER
Vitiligo is not contagious – doesn’t spread from one person to other by mere contact or sharing utensils or touch .
Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease – iebodies immune mechanism attack its own cells.
Familial tendency is seen in vitiligo cases, which points to a genetic predisposition.
ROLE OF HOMOEOPATHY IN VITILIGO
Homoeopathy is a holistic system which help to improve the immunity of the patient by enhancing the body’s capacity to work against the auto immune mechanism of the body , as a result which helps to reduce the spreading of vitiligo and gets protected against the attack of other diseases. On continuing homoeopathic medicines complete cure of vitiligo is possible and the recurrence of diseases can also be prevented.
It is immunologically mediated acute or chronic inflammatory dermatosis involving the skin and mucous membrane.
LICHEN PLANUS is most common during 30 and 60 years.
Lichen planus occurs when the immune system attacks cells of skin or mucous membrane, but the exact cause is not known. The condition is not contagious.
Lichen planus can be triggered by
- Hepatitis c infection
- Flu vaccine
- Certain pigments, chemicals , metals
- Pain relieving drugs
- Certain medications for heart disease, high blood pressure or arthritis
The initial lesions may be erythematous.The onset is insidious with polygonal flat toped, extremely pruritic shiny papules, distributed symmetrically over the flexor aspect of forearms, wrist , lower parts of legs and genitalia.
Some lesions may show white lacy networks.In two third of cases buccal mucosa is involved.Scalp involvement leading to scarring alopacia .Nails become dystrophic with longitudinal splintering.
- HYPERTROPHOC LICHEN PLANUS-Presents are hyperkeratoticverrucous plaques especially on the lower parts of legs.
- ANNULARLESION – occur commonly on glands penis.
- LENEAR VIOLACEOUS PAULES- occurs on limbs and trunks.
- FOLLICULAR LESIONS – on scalp.
DIAGNOSIS – usually clinical .it can be confirmed by histopathology.
ROLE OF HOMOEOPATHY IN LICHEN PLANUS
Homoeopathy is a holistic system which consider man as a whole , which means each and every diseases and deformities in the physical and mental sphere is considered as whole and treated as a single unit .Every disease has an internal cause that is expressed as some diseases , in homoeopathic treatment that internal cause is treated and removed and hence the disease can be completely cured.
It is a fungal infection of the skin.It is also called as PITYRIASIS VERSICOLOR and is caused by a type of yeast that naturally lives on human skin.It normally does not cause any health problems. In fact ,many of the microbiotc (microscopic organisms) including yeasts like malassezia, that live in large communities on your skin protect you from infection and other pathogens that can cause harm or disease.
When this yeast grows out of that will naturally affect the natural colour or pigmentation of your skin.
Malasseziaglobosa and Malassezia furfur
What are the favourable conditions for tineaversicolour?
- Hot and humid weather
- Excessive sweating
- Oily skin
- A weakened immunity system
- Hormonal changes
Tineaversicolour can occur in people from all ethnic backgrounds and its more common in adolescents and young adults.
It is caused by the fungus Malasseziafurfur ,this produces azelaic acid (due to the bleaching effect of this it will lighten the skin)
Discoloured patches of skin are the most noticeable symptom of tineaversicolour and these patches usually shows up on arms, chest, neck, or back .These patches may be:
- Lighter(more common) or darker than the surrounding skin.
- Pink ,red, tan or brown
- Dry ,itching and scaly
- More prominent with tanning
- Prone to disappear in cooler, less humid weather
Various environmental and biological factors can put you at high risk for this condition including;
- Family history
- Excessive sweating
- A humid warm climate
- Weak immune system
- Taking medicines that weaken the immune system
ROLE OF HOMOEOPATHY
Homoeopathy is a holistic system which consider man as a whole , which means each and every diseases and deformities in the physical and mental sphere is considered as whole and treated as a single unit .The medicines given does not have any side effects and immunity boosters are added during the course of treatment which help in building up a good immune system and in turn makes the body healthy.
It is a condition that makes your skin red and itchy. It is a long lasting disease which is most commonly seen in children but can occur in any age groups and has tends to flare periodically. It can be accompanied by asthma or hay fever.
- chemicals found in cleaners and detergents
- Rough scratchy material like wool
- Synthetic fabrics
- Raised body temperatures
- Food allergies
- Dry skin
- Itching , which may be sever at night
- Small raised bumps with discharge and forms crust when scratched
- Thickened cracked scaly skin
- Raw ,sensitive, swollen skin when scratched
- Reddish eruptions on the hand s, feet, ankle, wrist , neck, upper chest, eyelids, bends of the elbow and knee in infants the face and scalp
- Asthma and fever-
- Chronic itchy , scaly skin
- Skin infections
- Irritant hand dermatitis- complaints will increases when expose to soaps , disinfectants, detergents
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Sleep problem- as itching is more at night sleep will be disturbed at night.
- Eosinophil count- which will be raised
- IgE – will be raised in the blood
ROLE OF HOMOEOPATHY
Homoeopathic medicines are very safe for children as it doesnot have any side effect, as it has a sweet taste children doesnot hesitate to take the medicine. It help in preventing the periodical recurrence of the diseases. The medicines will also help in boosting up the immunity.
CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
Median nerve compression
Median nerve run length of arm through a passage /tunnel in the wrist called carpel tunnel and ends in your hands. medial nerve control movement and feeling of thumb and mort of all fingers except the little fingers.
- Burning, tingling, or itching numbness in the palms and thumb index and middle finger
- Weakness of hand on holding things
- Shock like feeling into your fingers
- Tingling that moves up to your arm
- Fingers – fall asleep and become numb at night.
- Morning – tingling and numbness of hands till the shoulder, increased when – wrist bent, holding things, pleats in saree,cooking,driving, reading book
- When in later phase there will be severe pain, muscle cramps, less feeling in fingers, less strength and coordination – especially of thumb on pinching
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Diabetics mellitus
- WOMEN are 3 times more likely than men
- Doing same job again and again – baker, knitter, cashier,hairstyle, musician
- Dislocation wrist
ROLE OF HOMOEOPATHY
Homoeopathic medicine are very effective in the cases of carpel tunnel syndrome especially it is given to reduce the pain in the patient, there are very effective medicines which help in reducing the pain and swelling in the patient, many cases where surgery is advised the medicines are given and improvement is shown in cases of carpel tunnel syndrome .
- Common skin problem causing dark ,discoloured patches on your skin.
- It is a pigmentation disorder called mask of pregnancy
- Most commonly seen in women
- It is most commonly seen in dark skinned people because they have more melanocytes
Site of Appearence
- Bridge of nose
- Upper lips
- Can also occur on sun exposed areas like forearms , neck , shoulder
- Change in hormone during pregnancy
- Sun exposure
- Certain skin care products
- Disease conditions like – pcod, thyroid complaints, stress , inadequate sleep
In homoeopathy there are good medicines for melasma ,as mentioned above it is caused due to some underlined disease condition so initial treatment will be for the disease , further the skin discoloration will go by itself. Homoeopathy has good no of medicines when considering the site of discoloration. Homoeopathic medicines are very safe and easy to administrate and does not have any side effcts.
PAPILLOMA AND WARTS
Warts are the small non- cancerous growth which appear on skin and are caused by one of the many virus of human papilloma virus
Who gets warts ?
- One with weak immune system
- If you have cut or damage on the skin ,the virus enter through that
Are they contagious ?
- Highly contagious
- Spreads by direct skin contact
Types of warts
- Common warts
- Plantar warts
- Flat wards
- Filiform warts
- Genital warts
Thick rough and found on the back of hands , skin around the nails , feet , some may have blackish seeds which are the tiny blood clots
It grows due to pressure by walking and standing , it comes as one or clusters . it is flat , tough , thick , and confused .
Small , smoother than other warts , large numbers ( 20-1000 ,)appears in faces , bear area , women legs , pink or brownish
Fast growing warts , thread like spiky , look like tiny brushes grow on face eye , nose , around mouth
Gets by having sex with the infected person , looks like – small , scattered , skin coloured , bumpes or clusters , cauliflower like , onlike other types they can cause cancer .
Normal when a person is affected with wards or papilloma the first thing they do is quaterisation, but this is a very bad thing the main cause is inside , in homoeopathy the medicine will help to remove it from the root and provides you the complete recovery. The homoeopthic medicines are very safe and easy to administrate
Your Homeopath Kerala
Restore Your Health Naturally With Homeopathy.